Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Heat is On!

Yep, the heat has been turned on this week. It was 82 out at 5:30 as I was driving home to get ready for tonight's run. I missed and really hope we didn't skip the 60 degree spring weather! The run went okay and I was able to get about 6 miles in. The bugs and gnats are out in full force along some areas of the trail. Finishing the run with bugs stuck to my face is not my idea of fun. The heat wasn't too bad since there was a strong wind at times.

Yesterday, the wind was just as strong and Kyla, Britt, and I went out for a bike ride. I learned that crossing a freeway overpass with a crosswind is not exactly fun to do on a bike. Riding into the wind was almost as hard as riding up a hill. As Kyla said before hand, if we don't ride then we are sure to regret it so we might as well ride! All in all, two successful workout days and tomorrow is Thursday which means one day closer to the end of the workweek (Yeah!) and one day closer to hill repeats (Boo!) I'm hoping to get in a swim workout and maybe even a bike or run too. I hope you enjoy your Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment