Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend Update

Well, the weekend kicked off with Hill Repeats with the Rush Running gang. I was greatly surprised to learn that instead of running repeats up NW A Street we were going to do repeats on Tiger. Tiger is a long hill but has less steep inclines compared to NW A Street. The bad news was it was a 2 1/4 mile warmup to the hill then the repeat was 1/2 mile long. I shortened the hill slightly and did .3 mile distance each way. I did 4 repeats which is a good start for the season. My total mileage ended up being just over 7 miles for the night. The thing I love about hill repeats is that no matter your pace, the group is there together sharing in the fun! I have to admit that Green Day and the encouragement of the team definitely helped me through the workout.

Saturday I woke up with a little twinge in my foot. I first experienced this twinge a few weeks ago after the Bentonville half marathon. I decided to rest and not risk this developing into something worse. I was only planning a 7-8 mile run so I considered the longer run Friday night as covering my distance needs for the week.

Sunday I joined my friend Kyla for a swim workout. Lucky for me it was Friends and Family free days at the Fitness Center so I saved $8! The Fitness Center has one of the nicest pools in the area. Our workout totaled 2750 m except I ducked out of 150 over the course of the workout so I ended up around 2600. I am slowly relearning to do all of the swim strokes and at times it isn't pretty. I did more backstroke and fly than I have ever before! I normally only swim about 1000 - 1400 m at a time so this was quite a bit more for me. The funny thing about the workout was that I thought it was over several times and the group was actually just resting while thinking of the next set. Our workout as I sort of remember it was 400 warmup, 300 drills, 500 ladder, 700 of 50's, 300 of 75's, 300 of 50's., and some easy cool down for the remainder. I've given myself a month to be flip-turning...I don't know why I'm so hesitant to do them. Alright, hope you had a good weekend. I'm going to hit the foam roller for a bit and get ready for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment