Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Three Things Tuesday

Actually...Three Sports Tuesday! Today I swam at lunch for 30 min, rode about 21 miles on my bike after work followed by a short run. Yep, I did my own version of a triathlon today.

My lunch swim was pretty laid back. I did some drills and tried to do some butterfly practice drills to try and find that dolphin rhythm that I seem to be lacking. After that I couldn't seem to commit to a workout so I just did some basic laps. I finished up my workout with a horrible headache. I think I just got too hungry since I ended up getting to the workout about 30 min. later than I had intended.

After I work I joined my friend Kelly for her group ride. We had a group of 10 or so on the ride and we had a route selected that was around 20 miles. I didn't know too many of the group and I'm still not that comfortable riding with strangers in a group. I just get really nervous around other riders that I don't know and tend to just ride off the back of the group in these situations. The weather was beautiful and it was perfect for a ride. I did experience something tonight that never has happened before...attacking and charging on the ride. One of the other riders kept sprinting past and then slowing down. I have no problem riding at the back of a group so I just kept my cadence steady and played leap frog until the last big hill where I was able to get ahead of him.

After the ride, Kelly and I both laced up our running shoes to do a mini-run. Both of us are trying to break in some new orthotic inserts and you have to build up your mileage. We only did 6/10th of a mile but for my first brick run it wasn't too bad. My legs were tired from the ride and I could definitely feel a difference with the inserts. I'm hoping to get used to them and really hoping that they'll help my foot feel better. I'll be building up my miles on the inserts over the next few weeks. The bulk of my runs will still be in the shoes with the normal inserts.

I'm officially worn out! I rewarded myself with some Strawberry Shortcake tonight. It was super yummy and got me into the Summer Spirit!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, you gotta love that feeling in the legs from transitioning from the bike to running. It's it great?! LOL

    ReplyDelete