Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Brain Exchange

Jill over at Finishing is Winning posts a new question each week.  Here is the topic for this week:

Question: What are your summer race plans? Are you trying anything new this year? What race are you looking most forward to?


My summer race plans are going to focus on 5K's and Sprint Triathlons.  I've got a 5K this weekend...I like to do a race on Memorial Day Weekend and again on Labor Day Weekend to track my training progress during the summer.  The race this weekend will be supporting a local school.  Last year the race was just a little short so I hope they have that corrected for this year.  Next weekend, I have a Sprint Triathlon which will kickoff my multi-sport endeavors for the year.  For the rest of the summer, I'll try to mix in some local races and a couple within 1-2 hours of home. 

The Firecracker 5K includes fun craft projects for the kids...
as a Super Auntie I love to do crafts with my niece and nephew!

The races that I am looking forward to are the Firecracker 5K over 4th of July weekend and the Run for a Child 5K on Labor Day.  Both of these races are on challenging courses with lots of hills, heat, and humidity but they are a lot of fun.  I'm also looking forward to the Shark Sprint Triathlon because it was my first triathlon last year and I'm hoping to see some improvement now that I understand more about the sport. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for your first Tri! You'll have the TRI-Bug in no time!

    ReplyDelete