Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What a Tuesday!



First, I obviously need to work on my timer/photo skills! I didn't realize that the straps of my bike rack were included in the picture! Here's me and Kyla before tonight's bike ride...yep, we were unintentional twins.

We had a great group of girls riding tonight and we were all wearing bright fun colors. Britt, Maja, Kyla, and I got a 15 mile ride in which included a few hills and some sprint intervals. The sprints got me scared for our first time trial on the bike. Last year we did 30 minute time trials and I'm not sure I could handle that today. We'll soon find out because we are planning a time trial soon. We basically do a warm-up of a couple miles to a country highway with 8 foot shoulders. We start at the entrance to a subdivision which is the point that the highway becomes relatively flat for 10 miles or so. We hammer out for 20 minutes, turn back and continue hammering for another 10 minutes. It is tough but fun to realize how fast you can truly go and maintain over time. I'll keep you posted once we have the workout scheduled...I'm really hoping to improve my bike speed this year.

Last night was our weekly speed workout called Rush Hour. The workout sounded okay at the onset but it was just rough. We did 800m at 10K pace, 30 sec. rest, 1000m at 1 mile pace, 30 sec. rest, 800m at 10K pace. We did two sets of this with just a 2 minute rest in between sets. That rest time just goes by way too fast. I ended up with 5.75 miles for the night and rushed out afterwards for dinner at Kurt and Kyla's house with AJ, Keegan, Kurt, and Kyla. It was an awesome dinner accompanied by really delish sangria and it was so much fun to just hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment