Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Tasty Fave

Yesterday I was looking for a recipe and came across the recipe for one of my favorite pasta dishes.  Growing up this was one of my favorite recipes that my Mom cooked.  I think it originally came from a Weight Watchers cookbook but don't hold me to that since I don't know the nutritional content. 

Prosciutto and Pasta
8 oz. angel hair pasta
10 oz. asparagus spears, broken into pieces and cooked
1/2 C Parmesan cheese
1/2 C plain yogurt
1/3 C dry white wine
2 TBSP melted butter
6 oz. Prosciutto or deli ham, cut into strips

Cook the pasta according to the package.  Drain well. 
Cook asparagus until tender.
In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, yogurt, wine, butter, and ham. 
Combine with the cooked pasta and asparagus. 

Notes: I use the cheapo package of super thin sliced ham like Budding.  I also used Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt and it tasted fine.  The recipe actually calls for frozen asparagus but I always use fresh. 

This is a super easy and super quick recipe that I somehow seem to forget about.  It's probably a good thing because I tend to eat 3 servings because I love it sooooo much.  Give it a try and let me know what you think. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds soooo yummy! I've been so tired of cooking the same thing over and over again, I think I'll give this a try!

    ReplyDelete