Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Back in the Pool

It's been about two weeks since I've done a swim workout.  Early morning lap swim started two weeks ago at our outdoor pool and I have yet to go to a workout.  I'm not the best morning person but I'm hoping to go at least twice a week. 

Today I stopped by the pool after work to pick up my pool pass I bought on the first day the pool opened, Memorial Day.  Yep, that's a long time to skip the pool.  My last swim was actually during my triathlon races the first weekend of June. 

I managed to get there before the swim team kids and got a lane to myself.  The lap timer clock was at the end of my lane and that motivated me to do a workout versus a mindless swim. I did an easy warm up and then settled into sets of 100m.  I did 3 sets of 3 x 100m with a 50 m recovery swim between each set.  I went on a 2 minute interval which allowed me about 15 sec rest after each 100m.  I probably should have gone on a faster interval but figured since it had been awhile I should ease back into it. 

It felt good to get back in the pool but I really need to get there during the lap swim hours.  The pool is set up for long course then and there is a huge difference between long and short course especially when training for triathlons.  Our Masters group is supposed to be offering workout suggestions during the early morning workouts so that will be an added bonus when I get my butt there! My goal will be to get there next week and until then I'll be looking forward to the lunch hour Masters swim on Friday afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back in the pool! It's work just getting in the pool. I was in the pool yesterday as well. But I just do it for cross-training.

    ReplyDelete