Sunday, December 11, 2011

A View from my Trainer

Friday afternoon I hit up the bike trainer for a workout and movie.  Here's a few pics of what I saw during the workout.

I cover my handle bars with Christmas hand towels to mop the sweat.  I move a bar stool nearby to hold TV remotes, water, and my cell phone.
I put in the movie Super 8...it started off a little slow and I wasn't super into it but I toughed it out and stayed on the trainer for the whole movie.

Midway through my workout the UPS man came by with a delivery.  I had to use one of my hand towels to cover up since I just workout in bike shorts and sports bra on the trainer.  I hit the hour mark and had to get the box from outside to see what had been delivered....a Twitter contest prize from #FitStudio. 

Hershey is pretty indifferent about the trainer...here she is sitting on her couch.  I keep that couch covered in a slip cover since she sheds a ton and it's easy to wash.  She rests her head on her squeaky toys and it is pretty cute. 

And lastly for a little festive atmosphere I had my Christmas tree lights on.  I just love the lights of a Christmas tree.  I watched out the window waiting for that moment when the outdoor lights would come on but they didn't.  Somehow my timer had gotten turned off. 

The movie finished and I still had about 20 minutes to go to hit the 2 hour mark.  I channel surfed for a bit and then ended up watching a little bit of Can't Hardly Wait.  It was funny to see so many actors so early in their career.  My workout was pretty boring since it was so long.  I did 10 minutes in each gear through my middle ring and the first hour.  Then I took it to the big ring and switched to shorter intervals for about 30 minutes on the big ring.  I ended up with mixed intervals for the last 30 minutes back in the middle ring.  Overall it was a great workout but I wish the movie had been more entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment