Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Belated Thank You

Erica at www.ericarunning30.com sent me the greatest Valentine's care package ever.  I don't know how she knew that I love Trader Joe's but she treated me to a great mix of stuff including their yummy chocolate covered pretzels.  I will definitely use the gift card o stock up on my favorite salad dressing.  The Greek dressing with feta...it is the best dressing ever! She also included a treat for Hershey who will love getting a new bone to chew on. 

Erica was also part of the Valentine's card exchange and she sent this cute card with a new flavor of Gu Roctane inside.  I've never tried the Chocolate Raspberry flavor but it sounds great.  Thanks for all the great treats Erica!!!

This year I decided to treat myself to some flowers and bought this beautiful orchid at Wal-mart.  They had a ton of beautiful ones but I tried to pick out the prettiest.  I'm hoping I can keep it alive.  There is a card attached that says Orchids are Easy! Let's hope that is true since this is my first orchid to ever own. 

I was a little remiss in blogging this past week.  My week included some good workouts including a couple of good swims.  I enjoyed a tough lunch time swim on Tuesday and then a much slower recovery paced swim on Wednesday.  I ran Wednesday night with the Rush group and got in a pleasant midweek 5 miler.  Thursday night was a TRX class and then Bootcamp.  I'm really liking the TRX class and the TRX exercises that are part of bootcamp too.  It is tough...we did one pose that was side planks with your bottom foot in the TRX straps.  The instructor then wanted us to lift our hips so we were in the side plank and then raise our top leg for leg lifts in the plank.  I could barely comprehend how to do this and didn't even try on the first side.  I was too busy just trying to stay in side plank!

Today I headed out for a long run.  My Garmin did something funky...the clock started but it didn't start counting my mileage until I was about 3/4 mile into the run.  I hit a spot where I have a general idea of the distance from my house and my Garmin was waaaaaaaaay off.  I think it kept the distance fine after that and all I can think is that I started it before the satellites were sync'd.  I think I got about 7.6 miles in for my run which was up and down several hills.  I was super boring and ran to a street and then did 3 repeats up and down that street and then ran back home.  I'm fighting a yucky blister on my left heal and it was bugging me during the run.  I picked up some blister specific bandaids and hope that helps. 

How about you?!?! Did you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a good one... however I have a feeling this week is going to be better!

    Have a great one Whitney, and keep on keeping on!

    Lyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay i am glad it got there and you like it :)

    ReplyDelete