Wednesday, August 15, 2012

AWBU Foodie Prep Work

I shared a few weeks ago that I am headed to the Arkansas Women Bloggers Unplugged conference next weekend.  One of the opt-ins for the conference was a Foodie Friday program and agenda hosted by my friend NWA Foodie!  I decided that since I love Food I was a good candidate to attend!

I'm really excited about the conference which is presented by Country Outfitter.  Country Outfitter has a lot of great boots...the selection is amazing!  They also carry apparel and accessories like jewelry and belts.  Check out my Pinterest posts for some of my style inspirations from Country Outfitter!  There are some other great sponsors for the conference and I can't wait to share more about these sponsors after the conference...including some giveaways!!!

Back to my foray into foodie endeavors...this weekend I decided to try my hand at a homemade Larabar.  I love Larabars and especially love the mini sized bar which is just 100 calories.  I'm working to eat healthier and the mini bar allows me to have a healthy treat or pick me up before a workout.  One thing that I struggle with the mini bars is that I can only find them at one retailer and it isn't the one who I work for:(  The other issue is that they only offer three flavors in the mini bar - Apple Pie, Cherry, and Cashew Cookie.  I really don't like the Cherry flavored bar since it is so strong but the other two flavors are great. 

Recently on Pinterest, I discovered another blogger with a recipe for a Chocolate Pecan Pie style bar.  The recipe was posted by  Life's Simple Measures.  I recreated her recipe and practiced for adding more foodie type postings onto my blog.  I learned from my last foray into the foodie world...I took photos along the way!

I hope you enjoy and visit Life's Simple Measures for some great recipe ideas.  These bars rocked and are super yummy.  I will definitely be making this recipe again.


Four ingredients...super easy!


Ingredients:
6 oz. raw pecans
6 oz. pitted dates
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/3 tbsp. cocoa powder
Water (if necessary)
 
Directions:
  1. Place parchment paper in 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
  2. Place pecans, dates, salt, and cocoa powder in food processor. Process until finely chopped and mixture clumps together. If mixture does not come together, add water, one teaspoon at a time, and pulse until combined. Firmly press mixture evenly into loaf pan. Place in refrigerator until firm.
  3. Pull bars out of pan using parchment paper. Cut as desired.
Yield: 8 bars
Layering the ingredients in the food processor.

 

Oops, forgot the shield on the cover!




Spreading out to finish the bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment