Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Big Week

Last week was a big week for me because it was my Birthday Week!!! My birthday was on Thursday and as someone who loves birthdays I enjoyed celebrating it all week.  One of my first birthday memories is from my 5th birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese where I lost my brand new charm necklace in the ball crawl. 
Item image
Not my actual necklace but if you were a child of the 80's then you remember how awesome these necklaces were and I'm sure you can imagine how devastated I was to lose mine.  Side note...some of the charm necklaces like this one on eBay are selling for $50.  Crazy!

Over the years my birthdays have included several tiaras and lots of fun memories.  This year was just as special as the 33 before it!  First up was a beautiful double rainbow as I walked into work.  The morning began kind of rainy and as I arrived at the office the sun was just coming out and the sky was a beautiful shade of orange.  Originally, I only saw one rainbow but as I walked around the building I discovered that there were two!

I got upstairs and my desk was covered in Hershey's kisses spelling out Happy B-Day which was a cute surprise from one of my co-workers.  Another team mate, brought in some cookies to help celebrate.  Then just before 8:30, my Mom called to wish me a happy birthday.  She and I had celebrated over the weekend since she was heading out of town on my actual birthday.  During our lunch we talked about when I was actually born.  My oldest sister was a c-section since she was breach and that led to all three of us being born via c-section.  My mom knew we were all born in the morning but she couldn't recall the exact times.  Once she got home she found my birth certificate and called to let me know that I was born at 8:30 AM!  I don't know how I lived almost 34 years without knowing that but I'm so glad to know it now. 

It was a busy work day and I got out to a late lunch with the cross functional team that I work with.  We had a great time and returned to work just in time for the birthday celebration my boss had planned.  I'm pretty lucky to have a great boss who knows how important fitness is to me and who knows how much I struggle with a sweet tooth.  Instead of a cake he got granola bars for the team... but I still got to enjoy the cupcake I was craving since some other co-workers had picked up cupcakes for another treat.  Cookies, granola bars, and cupcakes...the sweet treats were plentiful this year!

After indulging in the cupcake and cookies I continued my birthday fun with friends at boot camp class.  It was just what I needed to top off the day.  A good hard sweat to an awesome soundtrack with friends is pretty hard to beat!  I was not happy that the workout included box jumps so I just gave myself permission to modify those since it was my big day after all! 

My day was full of Facebook messages, phone calls, and e-mails and one of my favorite messages was from my dad.  I have him signed up to get my blog posts by email and so he replied to my latest post with a cute happy birthday wish and a reminder to do my ab workout! Thankfully there was plenty of abs in the boot camp class so I had that covered.  Another fond birthday memory is a tape that I have stashed in my memorabilia boxes.  It is a tape of my dad and stepmom singing me happy 12th birthday.  I no longer own a tape player and might never get to hear the tape again but it is one of my treasured memories. 

I continued the celebration on Saturday with a birthday brunch with my sister, brother-in-law, and super cute niece.  We had a great breakfast and enjoyed the farmer's market afterwards.  There was a cute band playing called The Farmer and the Markets.  They were very entertaining and fun to listen to.  My final birthday celebration will take place next week as I head to Disney World with my other sister and her family.  I can't wait to go on vacation and have tons of fun with my nephew and niece.  My sister has put a lot of time and work into planning our vacation and I'm so thankful to get to be there with them.  I still believe in the magic of Disney and what better way to celebrate your birthday!!!

Are you a birthdays person? If so, share your birthday in the comments below and I'll be glad to wish you a happy day on your birthday!

 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Farmer and the Markets. They play at the Fayetteville FM every Saturday! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete