Monday, November 19, 2012

My iPod Rocks

I'm a pretty rational girl by most accounts but I have a secret...I believe that my iPod possesses intuition and knows what song I need to hear and plays it for me just when I need to hear it. 

As you can see from the picture above...I still rock an iPod that I've had for years and I don't even know what generation it is.  I stopped utilizing Playlists a long time ago and prefer to just play my music via the Shuffle feature.  This iPod keeps me entertained on runs and even at my desk where to the delight of my pod-mates at work I listen to music when I need to focus and get big projects done. (They can't understand why I don't use my iPhone to listen to music!)

This weekend I took my iPod with me during the Girls on the Run 10K and I used the shuffle feature to play my music.  I had it stashed in my Spibelt and didn't touch it during the race.  The race provided several examples of my iPod's awesome DJ skills!

Hot n Cold by Katy Perry - this song came on just as I was leaving a shady section of the course and moving into the sun.  Half a mile earlier when I had hit the shade I had gone from hot to cold and then as this song came on I was literally going from being cold to hot again.  The song kept me entertained as I trudged up a hill with the sun shining on me.

Within A Mile of Home by Flogging Molly - Flogging Molly is one of my little known secrets...I love Irish rock music.  This song came on literally as I was passing the mile 5 marker and I was within a mile of ending the race.  The hardest mile of the race was in front of me and the lyrics and beat were pumping me up to the hill that I had to tackle.  "Don't turn your back on me, Don't ever let me down...We are within a mile of home."  Wow...it was just the reminder that I needed to stay committed to myself and to trust my training to carry me up and over the hill. 

Love Left to Lose by Sons of Sylvia - This song has a chorus that repeats quite a bit in the song...
"Oh whatcha waiting for? One more step and you're out that door. Oh whatcha waiting for? All we've got is love left to lose." This song was playing as I made way up the big hill...it's a big hill that is about 3/10th of a mile long.  The lyrics speak about love but what spoke to me was the reminder to just keep taking one more step up and over the hill. 

I know that my iPod didn't know that I needed musical pick me ups at these points on the course...really I know that!  Even though the rational side of my brain knows and understands this I can't help believing that somehow my iPod has intuition and knows me.  Either way all I can say is that Shuffle is the best DJ ever!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment