Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanks Blogging - Day 4

One of the things that I love about the Arkansas Women Bloggers group is that they help promote ways to improve your blog through content, marketing, and other technical design aspects.  During the current blog challenge, not only are they providing me with topics to write about but they are also encouraging me to develop my blog through better photos and use of social media sites to promote my content.  This brings me to today's topic for the Thanks Blogging challenge which is all about promoting your blog's Facebook fan page and highlighting at least two fellow bloggers fan pages. 

Before the Unplugged conference this year I hadn't given any thought to developing a Facebook fan page.  I was very surprised that leaving the conference my main takeaway was the need to promote my blog via Facebook fan pages.  I followed some tips from the other ladies and developed my page and then began working to build my fan base.  One of the things that I like about the Facebook page is that it helps me reach readers who are not bloggers.  I'm definitely still working on my Facebook strategy and one way that I am learning is by watching how the other ladies utilize it to promote their blogs. 

Here is a link up to my Facebook fan page.  Won't you consider joining it!

Some of the ladies who I am learning from include:

Lela Davidson, author of Who Peed on My Yoga Mat? and Blacklisted from the PTA


Lela has utilized Facebook to promote her books and her writing in various magazines across the country.  I love that she shares fun sound bites from her writing for her status updates.  What a clever way to lure readers into the story. 

Another great blogger on Facebook is Evolved Mommy...Stephanie McCratic.  She does a really great job separating her personal and blog identity.  I follow her blog page and am also one of her friends and I really like that she is able to distinguish between both identities and post unique content under both feeds. 

Another feature that Stephanie has done that I want to try out is polling her followers via her Facebook page.  She usually does this when new tech gadgets are coming out and she asks what do people want to know about it!

And the final Facebook page that I want to share with you is from Ceri for her blog called Recipe Doodle.  Ceri does a fantastic job of drawing you into her content with photos of her food creations.  The photos are always beautifully staged and draw you in with interesting recipe titles. 

I hope you have a chance to visit these ladies and their Facebook fan pages for their blogs.  If you have any tips or tricks you would like to share with me for my fan page please do so on my page wall or via the comments section below.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment