Sunday, November 17, 2013

Saturday Snapshots

Here's a few snapshots from my day yesterday!

For my job, we have a Saturday Morning Meeting once a month and yesterday was our work day for November.  Sunrise was so gorgeous on my way in that I had to stop and pull over to take a picture!

The meeting runs from 7:30 - 9:30 and varies each month with a focus around a particular leadership topic.  Yesterday was Exceed Your Customer's Expectations.  One segment of the meeting had me almost crying as the company provided an update on Wreaths Across America.  It is such a heartwarming program and it was very difficult to hear the story of one family's loss of their son and what the program means to them.

From the meeting I headed straight to the gym.  I had scheduling challenges on Friday and wasn't able to do my arm workout.  It was busy in the gym but luckily I was able to get through the workout quickly.  The workout only required one machine and then the rest I was able to do with dumbbells.

I had booked my day very tight and had to get ready at the gym to make it to the next event on time...a baby shower for a friend.  Unfortunately when I packed for the day I forgot to pack a towel.  Good thing I was able to scrounge up $0.75 for a towel at the gym.  Lesson learned though because that towel was scratchy so I'll definitely try not to make that mistake again.

I headed out to the baby shower and got to enjoy Mimosas and Fried Chicken! The mom-to-be wanted Popeyes Chicken for her party so that's what we had.  I was thankful that they had ordered chicken tenders options too since I don't like to eat food on bones.  I've always been terrified of choking which is why I've never been a fan of fried chicken.

The party ended a little after 1:00 and I had some time to kill before the next event.  I have somehow misplaced my running headlamp so it was off to Rush Running to pick up a new one.  Then I headed to Hobby Lobby because I'm ready for the holidays.  I really wanted to make a wreath so I took my time shopping for supplies.  My vision changed slightly...I was originally going to go with a burlap look but the sparkle won me over plus the burlap wasn't on sale and you just can't buy things at Hobby Lobby unless they are on sale!

I knew that I wanted to put a big S inside the wreath and love how mine turned out.  I started with a plain wooden S, painted it lime green, and then hot glued some sequin foam balls onto the S in a mixed pattern.  I think the wreath turned out cute but I wasn't as even with the tulle around the frame as I would have liked.  Towards the end I figured out how to hang the wreath up so that it was easier to work with which is something I should have done during the phase when I was layering the tulle on the frame.

I skipped ahead...after my shopping trip, I headed to the Triple Threat Racing Kona Watch party and had fun catching up with fellow triathletes and watching some of the race.  I didn't actually craft my wreath until after I got home from the party!

All in all it was a busy Saturday and I was in bed early!

No comments:

Post a Comment