Saturday, December 14, 2013

It's a Rush Running Christmas!

Last night was the Annual Rush Running Holiday Party! Every year, our running team gets together to celebrate the year and have a fun dinner before the holidays.  This year we have expanded the team so it was fun to have a chance to get to spend time with some of our newer team members.

Around Halloween I came up with an idea.  It stuck in my head and I envisioned greatness...but I didn't know how to execute the idea.  I reached out to the team and to a photographer friend for help.  From the team, I collected pictures from everyone's racing and training throughout the year.  And then a smaller group of us went to work on a more technical part of the surprise...recording some audio.  Here's the finished product!

We managed to keep this video a secret from Mike.  He was surprised and liked this surprise quite a bit more than his official introduction into Marathon Maniacs club which was the 2nd surprise gift for him.

I owe a huge thanks to my friend Chuck who compiled the audio into one file and laid the track over the instrumental version of the song.  I also owe huge thanks to Matt who wrote the lyrics and served as lead vocals on the song.

Our coach, Mike Rush, is a true magnet for change.  He has been a driving factor in changing the face of running in our community.  We have so many more people out and running and so many more races now because of his store and the influence he has had within our community.  He has given me all the kicks in the butt that I have needed throughout the last 5 years of running and he has lifted me up with praise for all my accomplishments too.  I can't tell you enough how lucky each of us on the team feel to be a part of this group.  And to shout out praise for his store and staff...together they all accomplished being one of the top 4 running stores in the US as announced last week at The Running Event in Austin.  We're super proud of them and of course all figuring out how to catapult them to the number one spot that we all think they deserve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment