Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thanks 2013!

I am sorta sad to see 2013 come to a close since it was such a great year for me.

A few highlights:

1) I created some art using my Swimmer magazine! There's a Little Swimmer in Mona Lisa


2) I went to some great concerts...Maroon 5, Elton John, Lee Brice/Luke Bryan!

3) I sat on the sidelines for 10 weeks nursing a foot injury.  It was no fun, but luckily the rest was just the ticket and I came back with a rainy triathlon for my comeback race.  Neohso Sprint Triathlon Race Recap


4) Got a new running buddy and a new fave for gels! Sidney belonged to my sister but came to live with me in the spring.  She loves running and I hope to take her on more runs in 2014! Have you tried Huma gel yet?  It's so tasty!

5) Had a tornado interrupt my favorite triathlon weekend.  It was a bummer but the team at TriOKC did a great job in handling the weekend and they were able to reschedule for 6 weeks later.  Unfortunately, mother nature decided to rain out the 2nd day of races on that weekend too.  Rough weather year for the Route 66 triathlon races!

6) Got in lots of outdoor swims whether at the pool or the lake.  Ahh, the joy of sunshine on your back during a swim!


7) Had lots of fun on my bike.  It's hard not to have fun when you do a ride called the Tour de Fun! It was a great summer full of bike rides with friends.

8) Cheered on my niece at two different kids triathlons.  She did awesome and it was so fun to be her cheerleader.

9) Had some amazing races including an awesome half ironman at Redman in Oklahoma City in September.  Whoa...I'm not sure how I can top some of these races...not only did I have fun doing them but my performance was pretty awesome this year.

10) All the rest! Seriously, it was a great year!!! I'm excited for what's in store in 2014.

Some goals that I'm going to work on in the new year can be found below.  I'll be forming more solid goals attached to these as I move through the year.

1) Race and celebrate each finish - every finish is worthy of a celebration!
2) Try out a new race distance!
3) Improve eating habits and reduce mindless snacking.

Cheers to a great 2014 for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment